I know many of you are working hard to build a coaching business. Your clients are getting great results, and you’re ready to reach a wider audience with your message. And, you want to help more people improve their lives or businesses through a mass-market product like a book. You can see how a book will help you build authority and visibility, but when you think about what you should actually put in your book, you get stuck. You’re not alone!
In this episode, I’m excited to feature an interview with holistic health expert and coach Tess Hanke of Comet Creek Family Wellness. Tess has a successful business helping women overcome fatigue, weight gain and anxiety that accompany emotional exhaustion. Recently, she’s started to write a book that will help her grow her coaching business even more and help establish her as a holistic health expert to a wider audience.
In the interview, you’ll hear us talk through how to plan out a book that will help you build your coaching business. You’ll get to dive into my Fast Author Framework™ and create a vision for your book, including what you should write about in your book. And, you’ll learn how to find the right voice to connect with readers and turn them into paying clients. If you’ve been dreaming of writing a book for your coaching business but you don’t know to get started, this episode is for you!
WHAT’S IN THE EPISODE?
Here are the major talking points Tess and I addressed in our interview, along with their timestamps:
Free 5-Step Guide to Creating Your First Book
Enter your email below to get your guide sent straight to your inbox.
- 2:28 All about Tess and her business
- 6:05 Why Tess is choosing to write a book to build her business
- 10:17 How Tess’ book will fit into her business
- 13:05 What Tess’ book will be about
- 15:13 Where Tess is feeling stuck
- 16:24 Tips for structuring your book
- 17:58 Figuring out the transformation Tess wants for her readers
- 21:00 Why your reader should get a quick win from your book
- 21:34 Why it’s important to think about how your book will bring in more revenue to your business, even if your first priority is helping people
- 26:56 How the revenue from your book can help you reach a wider audience with your message
- 27:27 Finding the right voice for your book and your audience
- 30:33 How an editor can help you write in a consistent voice and improve the content of your book
- 31:01 Why you should stay focused on your ideal reader while writing and revising…and how to do it
- 33:25 Using your work with clients to inform and structure your book
- 33:54 Storytelling and making an emotional connection as a way to draw your reader in
- 36:33 Tips for writing efficiently and staying motivated to write
- 38:18 Should coaches self-publish their books? (+ the pros and cons of self-publishing)
Tess Hanke, affectionately called by her clients as the Holistic Health Expert, because she consistently helps her clients get results and solve their health issues when no one else can. Her focus is on helping women overcome fatigue, weight gain and anxiety that accompany emotional exhaustion. By working with thousands of women she notes that, women historically have been the care givers, nurturers and hard workers behind the scenes, assuring that everyone else in their lives have what they need to thrive, while notoriously ignoring their own health until one day they no longer can ignore it. She combines her years of experience with her education in Functional Diagnostic Nutrition, Herbalism and Holistic Health to dig deep and find the root cause of the metabolic imbalances leading to their health complaints, re-establishing their vibrant health and empowering them to take control of their lives. She is the founder of Comet Creek Family Wellness and her program “From Exhausted to Exhilarated” She offers individualized and group coaching. She has also mentored hundreds of students through the FDN professional program as well as provided clinical advice for gradates. She is currently working on her new book “From Exhausted to Exhilarated”. Behind the scenes Tess loves to garden in her poteger, work with adoption horses and paint. She is an advocate for helping women re-discover their lost passions and joy.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BLOGGER TO AUTHOR PODCAST
Don’t forget to subscribe to and rate the Blogger to Author Podcast on Apple Podcasts! You can also catch the Blogger to Author Podcast on Google Play and Stitcher.